1) Navigate to the Event URL in Vimeo. For example: https://vimeo.com/event/6843*0
2) Select the share icon as shown below:
3) Select the embed code and copy it into Word, Notepad, or a text editor:
4) Copy the Vimeo Player ID from the Embed code. This is the portion of the URL after the video/ and will be a numeric only id. The image below shows the id highlighted in yellow. Please note, part of the ID has been hidden to protect the privacy of this video.
5) After retrieving this ID, you can insert it into Hubb using the Vimeo option in the manage video tab. Please see this article for more information.
Please note: Vimeo creates a new player ID each time the live stream is started or stopped. Vimeo then converts your livestream video to a video on-demand.
While Vimeo reads the event ID inside of its site, and generates a new player associated to that event ID, Hubb reads the specific player ID. After you stop a live stream, Hubb will continue showing that player ID, and will show the video recording on-demand of the livestream. This means that if you test your livestream, you will need to repeat this process to get a new player ID.
If you plan to use a single event in Vimeo for multiple sessions, it is a best practice to instead create multiple events, so that you can pre-generate the player ID for each session as shown above.
Still have questions? Contact your account manager, or shoot us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!