The Event Cloud strives to create web content and services that promote usability. Here are some of the things we do to help all users enjoy events on the Event Cloud platform:
- We design both attendee-facing and administrative features using WCAG Guidelines, which are considered the industry standard for creating usable web content for people with a variety of different needs.
- We check for color contrast against all backgrounds and gradients, and our designers use the Able tool to get a readability score.
- We primarily use Material Design when designing components of the Event Cloud platform design (such as icons, form fields, and buttons) because they focus on accessibility in addition to aesthetics.
- We use WCAG guidelines for our text sizes across the platform, including menus and other text-based content.
- We use responsive design to ensure that our pages are usable on a variety of devices.
- We ensure the order of Heading tags is used properly on our platform in order to be compliant with screen readers.
The Event Cloud continues to improve our accessibility, and we welcome feedback if there’s something we can add or enhance to make a better experience for users.
Note: The ADA (Americans with Disabilities) Act does not spell out specific rules for what compliant web content is, so we refer to web-specific resources.