No, you don't have to add companies one at a time. You have the great option of adding them all at once - gotta love that! Before you import your companies, make sure your custom fields are added along with your sponsor types.
To Import Companies:
- Click on Sponsor & Exhibitor Tab
- Click on Companies Tab
- Click Import Companies
- Click on download a template link, this will download a CSV file to use for the import
- Add the information you want to upload to the CSV file
- Note: Leave the first two rows of the document as they are when downloaded, the system knows there is a row of headers and a row of examples
- Note: You must add Category, Type, and Company Name
- Save the CSV file (be sure to keep it in the CSV file format)
- Click on Choose File, find the CSV file you just saved and click Open
- Click Import
If you are having trouble:
- Make sure you have added Category, Type, and Company Name
- Make sure an drop down field or multi select fields have the proper, exact matching choices
- Do the capital letters match?
- Is there a space after the word that shouldn't be there?