Session Type is a required field when adding a session. Session Types can be general names such as "Breakout" for sessions and "Breaks" for meals or other breaks or they can be more detailed such as "Panel Discussion" or "Roundtable".
To add a session type:
- Click on "Sessions" in the main left-hand menu
- Select Session Types
- Click on Add session type
- Add session type name
- Choose how many minutes after the session starts that evaluations can be available for attendees - you can leave it on the default if you're not using Hubb evaluations
- Choose the last date evaluations will be available for attendees - select last available date if you're not using Hubb evaluations
- Choose to enable or disable "Allow Presentation Download" (which allows presentations to be downloaded in schedule builder), "Allow View Attachments" (allows attendees to view attachments in schedule builder), "Enable Capacity Validation" (allows attendance capacities to be set for sessions in schedule builder), and "Shown in Filters" (allows sessions to be filtered by this Session Type):
- Select "Custom roles allowed to attend" - this limits which users are allowed to attend sessions of this type. These roles are combined with any that are set up on the Sessions themselves. Roles selected must also have a standard role of Attendee to attend sessions
- Click "Save"