The EU’s new data privacy law, the General Data Protection Regulation, goes into effect on May 25, 2018 and applies to anyone who has customers or contacts in the EU.
We know this is a complex issue, and we are committed to ensuring the Hubb system makes it easy for our customers to comply with the new GDPR rules.
There are two main elements of the regulations to be aware of:
- Gain Consent—when it comes to processing consumer data, companies are required to secure consent from the consumer whose data they want to use and/or share.
- Right to be Forgotten—Article 17 of the GDPR states that data subjects have the right to have their personal data removed from the systems of data controllers and processors.
Hubb’s Got Your Back
Hubb is equipped with the tools you need to make your GDPR preparations easier.
- Consent—You can easily add required fields to your forms to document who resides in the EU and who is above the age of 16 and who has consented to sharing their data. Check out this article to learn more about adding these as custom fields to your Hubb site.
- Right to be Forgotten—We have the flexibility to respond to any customer data requests you receive that fall under GDPR (i.e. requests to edit, erase or access a copy of customer data). Simply contact our support team at email@example.com and we will address your request within 24-48 business hours.
There are a few things we recommend you do to help ensure your events are compliant*.
- Add items to your submission forms and custom fields within Hubb to capture consent data. Here is an article about how to add these as custom fields to your Hubb site.
In addition to these recommendations, our friends at Glisser have created this handy-dandy guide to help event professionals understand what GDPR means to your organization.
*Please consult your legal team for full guidance on what you need to do to be fully GDPR compliant.