Expert Meetings are a way for your attendees to gain valuable insight from industry experts.
Set Up Users
First, we need to get your "experts" into the system.
- Create a Custom Role dedicated to the experts:
- Generally, this role is labeled "Expert"
- Refer to our article on adding custom roles
- Assign the Staffing roles:
- For your "expert" users, assign them the role of "Staffer" or "Staffing Lead"
- Refer to our article on editing users
- When editing, scroll to the bottom and add the "Staffer" or "Staffing Lead" role.
- Click Save
Once you've set up your expert users, it's time to set up the Staffing module.
Set Up Staffing (Workgroups)
- In the top left portion of the screen, use the drop-down menu to select Staffing
- Select Workgroup Setup tab
- Select Add Workgroup tab
- Fill out the following information:
- Workgroup Name is required
- The Number of Staffers needs to be large enough to include all your experts. If you're unsure, you may set this number to something larger than you expect to need
- Select the names of the experts you assigned as Staffers and Staffing Leads
When you're done, click the Save button and navigate to the Add Staffing Location tab in the left-hand navigation. From there, fill out the information:
- Choose a name for the location
- Make sure to select the correct workgroup
- Set a number of "staffers per shift" that accounts for how many experts you have
- Click Save when you're finished
Set Up Staffing (Shifts)
Next, you'll need to set up the shifts during which your experts will work. They will only be available during the hours you set in this shift.
- Select Shifts tab from the left-hand navigation
- Select Add Shift tab from the left-hand navigation
- Fill in all the information
- Make sure to assign your newly created Workgroup to this shift
- Click Save and repeat this step for all the shifts you need
Next, you'll want to schedule staffers to your newly created shifts.
- Select Scheduling from the left-hand navigation
- Select Schedule Shifts tab
- Click the Schedule Staffers button on the right of the page
- Click on the name of the user you would like to schedule for this shift
- Hover your cursor over the box (shown in red below) until a "+" sign appears.
- Click the add (+) symbol
- Confirm that the user you selected has been scheduled for this shift
Expert Meetings and Meeting Types
Hubb gives you the ability to create Meeting Types for your meetings. When you're configuring meeting types, you can set them up so that they require experts to attend: