Hubb makes importing multiple users easy. To import users, you will need to upload a spreadsheet.
Spreadsheet Configuration Details:
Before you import your spreadsheet, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Row 1: Column headers must match the Profile Fields set up for Users in Hubb in order for the imported data to map correctly. (For more on Profile Fields, check out Create Custom Profile Fields)
- First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Role are required fields for a successful import. All other Profile Fields are optional.
- For multiple roles, separate each role with a "|"
- Make sure to save the document as a ".xlsx" or ".csv" file.
Importing Users Into Hubb
- Ensure you have the Admin role selected (shown in the top left)
- Click Users
- Click Import Users
- Click the Start New Import button
- Under Choose Data Type, select User
- Uncheck the Allow Duplicates box
- Select your file to upload
- Click the Next button
- Match "Your File Fields" (column headers) with the "Hubb Field" (User Profile Fields in the system)
- Under Hubb Field, click inside the empty box
- In the window that pops up, select the Profile Field that matches the File Field
- Repeat these steps for all fields in "?" Status
- Click the Next button
- Review the mapped fields
- Click Import to complete
How to Bulk Edit Users
Hubb supports bulk editing to help you make changes to multiple users at once.
- From the Admin portal, click on Users in the left-hand navigation menu
- Select All Users from the sub-menu
- Notice the check-boxes on the left portion of the grid
- Using the check-boxes, select all users you wish to edit
- In order to make edits for all the users you selected, you just need to navigate to one of those users and click on the cell of the column of the field you want to edit
- For example, if you want to edit someone's Custom Role, click within the Custom Role column
- Make the necessary edit
- Continuing the previous example: From the pop-up, select the Custom Roles you wish to apply to all selected users
- Click Done when ready
- Select the green Continue button to update all users with the change
- Notice that all selected users have been updated
- NOTE: Previous data in this field will be overwritten with the update. Please be cautious when bulk editing
- Click Save to save your changes
Have any questions? Feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.