In addition to standard roles, Hubb also allows you to create what are known as User Custom Roles. These allow you to customize privileges to users based on the specific needs of your event. After you create a Custom Role, you can assign it to one or more of your users who belong to the same category.
When you finish this article, you'll know how to:
- Create Custom Roles
- Assign Custom Roles
How to Create Custom Roles
- Go to the Users tab in the left-hand navigation
- Select Custom Roles tab from the left-hand navigation.
- Click "Add Custom Role" button.
- Enter Custom Role information:
- Enter "Custom Role Title" (In the example, we used "Executive")
- Enter "Role Description"
- Click "Save"
- Confirm that the new Custom Role is on the list.
That's it for adding new Custom Roles! Now, it's time to put those Roles to use!
How to Assign Custom Roles
Custom Roles can be assigned:
- on a user's individual profile page
- in bulk, on the All Users page
Not familiar with bulk editing users? Check out this article to learn more.
This article will cover how to make this edit on the user's profile page.
- Navigate to the User's Profile for editing.
- For help with this step, take a look at this article.
- Scroll to the bottom to see the Custom Roles section.
- Add the Custom Role by clicking on the "+" next to the Role.
- Confirm that the correct role has moved from the left side of the container to the right side.
- Click the green Save button.
Great job! You'll up to speed with configuring Custom Roles. Check out this article next to learn how you can use these roles in conjunction with Sessions.