Custom Roles can be used to manage user access to certain sessions.
You can configure sessions to only be visible to users with a specific Custom Role. This restriction can be placed on the Session or Session Type level.
In this article, we will cover:
- How to Use Custom Roles with Individual Sessions
- How to Use Custom Roles with Session Types
Custom Roles with Individual Sessions
- Navigate to the Session you wish to restrict to a Custom Role
- Need help with this? Learn more here.
- On the Session page, scroll down until you see the field Custom roles allowed to attend
- Use the little plus icon to select which roles are allowed to view information about this session
- Click Save when you are done
Custom Roles with Session Types
- From the Admin portal, select Sessions in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Select Session Types in the sub-menu.
- Click on the name the Session Type that you would like to restrict based on Custom Role.
- On the Session Type page, locate the setting for Custom roles allowed to attend
- Click inside the textbox that reads Select Role(s) and choose which Custom Roles should have access to the sessions within this Session Type.
- Click the Save button when you are finished.
Cngratulations! You've learned how to restrict sessions based on Custom Role!
If you still have questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.