In our Session Management Guide, we discussed the ins and outs of adding, editing, and deleting individual sessions. But what if your event has dozens (or even hundreds) of sessions to manage? Rather than adding sessions one at a time, you can import them by creating and uploading a CSV file.
Creating the CSV file
To import sessions, you'll need to fill out a CSV file with all your session data. If this seems dauntingly tedious, don't worry! Hubb has a template spreadsheet to simplify the import process.
Some important things to keep in mind when creating your CSV file:
- The following fields are required: Title, Description, SessionType, and Track
- The first row of Hubb's CSV file is the header row and the second row is an example. Do not delete the first two example rows in the template. Hubb's import feature needs them for the import to be successful; rest assured, the example rows will be ignored during the import.
- For fields with multiple selections, each selection must be separated by a "|" with no spaces in between.
- For example: if a session has three target audiences of logistics, business and analysis, it would be entered as "Logistics|Business|Analysis"
- The values entered into the Time Slot, Location, Track, and Session Type fields MUST align with values that already exist in Hubb.
- Beware of typos! If any values are entered into the spreadsheet incorrectly, the import will fail. This includes trailing spaces.
- The size limit for the CSV file is 1.8 GB.
The following table lists the most important fields included in Hubb's template file:
|Title*||The name of the session.|
|Description*||Detailed information about the session, its content, goals, etc. This information will be visible to attendees.|
|Session Type*||Must match an existing Session Type in your site.|
|Code||A unique code you can designate to your session (optional).|
|Room||Must match an existing Session Location in your site.|
|Time Slot Name||Must match an existing Time Slot in your site.|
|Track Name*||The name of the track with which your session is associated. Must match an existing Track in your site.|
|Discipline||Varies between events. Must be one of a set list of options.|
|Linked Session||Must be one of a set list of options.|
|Nested Fields Topics||If applicable. Any text can go here.|
|Pre-Selection Status||Must be one of a set list of options.|
|Review Batch||Must be one of a set list of options.|
|Short Course Description||Any text can go here.|
|Speaker Custom Role||Must match an existing Custom Role in your site. List of exact Custom Roles will depend on how your event is set up.|
|Subject||The subject of the session. Must be one of a set list of options.|
|Submission Type||Varies from event to event. Must be one of a set list of options.|
|Industry||Must be one of a set list of options.|
|Target Audience||Must be at least one of a set list of options (multiple can be selected).|
|Primary Learning Objective 1||Any text can go here.|
|Primary Learning Objective 2||Any text can go here.|
|Primary Learning Objective 3||Any text can go here.|
|Waiver received?||Must be either Yes or No.|
|Sponsored session?||Must be either Yes or No.|
|Resource Approval Stage||Must be one of a set list of options (i.e. New, First Round Review Complete).|
|Editorial Review Stage||Must be one of a set list of options (i.e. Rough Draft, In Progress).|
|Admin Comments||Optional. Any text can go here.|
Uploading the CSV file
Once you've completed your CSV file, it's time to upload it into your Hubb site.
First, click on Sessions > Import Sessions:
Next, click the Choose File button and select the CSV file from your device. Once you've selected it, click Import:
After clicking Import, you may be notified of specific errors within your CSV file. If so, please fix all errors and re-upload the file before to proceed.
With all of your session data looking good, you'll be prompted to review your sessions before saving them.
Note: leave the "Save as Published" option unchecked.
Any questions? Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.