Each of your staffers will work at specific locations during your event. When you're preparing your staff in your event site, it can be tedious to individually manage the locations of dozens (if not hundreds) of staff members. Rather than adding staffing locations into Hubb one at a time, you can bulk add them by importing a spreadsheet.
Creating the Spreadsheet
To import your staffing locations, you'll need to fill out a .xlsx or .csv file with all your location data and upload it to your event site. Hubb offers a free template, and we recommend you use it!
In order for the import to be successful, you're required to add some fields as headers along the first row (row 1) of your spreadsheet. For staffing locations, please include the following fields:
|Lobby 1||Technical Learning||10||Area 1,Area 2,Area 3|
A few things to keep in mind before importing:
- Please include the headers (first row) in the spreadsheet before you import it.
- Name refers to the name of your location.
- For each row, Workgroup must reference a workgroup that exists in your event site. When you choose a workgroup, make sure its Number of Staffing Locations will not be exceeded with the new locations included in this import, otherwise the import will not be completed. For more information on how to add workgroups, visit our help center article on Adding a Workgroup.
- StaffersPerShift is optional, but when entered it must be a valid number of 0 or greater.
- Areas is also optional, but it must reference existing area names in your site. TO enter multiple areas, each one must be separated by a comma (,) and no spaces.
- The uploaded file cannot exceed 1000 rows. If you need to import more than 1000 rows for either Sessions or Meetings, please break the import into multiple files.
- Your file must be in either .xlsx or .csv format.
Importing the Spreadsheet
First, navigate to the Staffing module:
Next, click on Workgroup Setup > Import Staffing Locations:
On the next page, click on Start New Import (upper right corner):
Under Choose Data Type, select "Staffing Location". After you review the instructions that populate at the top of the page, click the "Drop a file or click to upload button" to locate your spreadsheet:
After you've uploaded your spreadsheet, click Next in the upper right corner:
For the next step, you're required to map your file fields to their respective Hubb fields. This is a crucial step in the import process, so make sure you map your fields correctly! Map your fields until all of them indicate a green check mark.
Note: if your file's headers are exactly as they're written in this article, your fields should map automatically.
When you're done, click the Next button to proceed:
On the last step, please review your import. Any errors with your data will be detected at this step; if there are any errors, please edit and re-upload your spreadsheet.
Once everything is looking good to go, click the Import button in the top right corner to complete your import!
Lastly, you'll be prompted to confirm your import:
Once you hit OK, you're all done!
Any questions on importing staffing locations? Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.