This help article lists some of the most recent new features in Hubb that we're excited to share! Each time we release our software, this article will be updated with the information about new features in the most recent release. Note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything contained in our software releases. Please reach out to your Hubb Account Manager if you want to learn more.
Apr 28, 2022
This release introduces the new embedded Studio Sessions for internal review. Once this feature is released to customers, event admins can create embedded Studio Sessions in their Event Cloud event. Video and slides are passed seamlessly from the Studio presenter console to the Event Cloud Sessions Details page.
- The Studio SDK and Studio Admin API allow session and webcast information to be shared between Event Cloud and Studio. This means that event admins can create an embedded Studio webcast in the Event Cloud session admin, and that information is then passed back to the Studio side seamlessly.
- In Event Cloud, admins can navigate to any session’s Manage Video tab and select Studio as the video provider. They now have a new option to select whether Studio will open in a New Window (previously existing functionality) or will be Embedded into the Session Details page.
- Once the Embedded Studio webcast is created in the Event Cloud admin, Attendees can view the Studio video and (optional) slides inline on the Session Details page in the event. If the attendee views the session page while the Studio webcast is not live or on-demand, there is a slate showing either that the session has not started yet or that the session has ended.
- All existing Event Cloud Session & Attendee reports also apply to Embedded Studio Sessions.
Apr 18, 2022
Event Cloud Expand:
- When the Event Cloud Expand option is enabled for an event, the Custom Color Palette and Custom Typography options in Event Editor are disabled, with a message notifying admins that that this feature is not available in Expand.
Event Cloud Standard:
- As a continued step towards WCAG compliance, screen readers are now identifying additional elements on event pages, time zone selection works as expected with screen readers, and screen readers recognize the name of a sender when reading messages aloud.
Apr 4, 2022
Additional changes have been made to the “Event Cloud Expand” option for the Expand package:
- Custom roles are removed from the product in the following places: User Details page, Users Summary view, and any default user settings.
- The Session Details page has several non-Expand options (such as using a session image, having an Attending Users tab on the page, and more) removed from the UI.
- In the Navigation edit slideout, the navigation items for Evaluations, Sponsors and Info Center are not shown at all. In the Page Builder, the Meeting and Sponsor Lobbies are shown but disabled with a message notifying users this feature is not available in Expand.
In order to create a better experience when viewing the Welcome Lobby in the Technology Theme, the background image is now 100% height and pinned on the right side of the page. This change allows admins to create a more predictable Welcome Lobby experience for users across multiple resolutions & devices.
To make the mobile app process work more smoothly for customers, we’ve added a default Notified app icon that is used if they don’t upload their own icon.
For improved usability, the user online status signifier has been changed to a circle around the profile picture instead of a small dot. The status signifier was updated so that a new message notification can be added in a future iteration that could have confused users.
Throughout the Event Cloud UI, we have replaced the logo for “Powered by” to the Notified logo.
Mar 10, 2022
With this release, creating time slots in advance is no longer required when creating a new session. Instead, the admin can simply specify a start time and end time for the session, which greatly lessens the complexity of creating new sessions individually on-the-fly.
Admins can still create time slots and assign multiple sessions to use the same time slot, but now they also have the option of specifying a start and end time for a session with no time slot required to be set up in advance.
Feb 10, 2022
64467: Getting the help they need just got a little easier for event admins. There’s a new Support Center link in the left navigation of the admin module. When selected, it opens a list of useful links to pertinent Knowledge Base articles.
64457: Previously, we released custom color palette functionality in Event Editor but any events using the Ultra Modern theme were not able to specify their own custom colors because of that theme’s complexity. With this release, custom color palettes are now supported in all themes, including Ultra Modern, which should make our most cutting-edge modernistic customers happy.
Jan 27, 2022
63740/63741/63742/63743/63744/63748/64488: This new feature is a big win for our customers, especially those with very large and/or multiple events! Previously, customers were required to sync between their registration system and Hubb either via Profile Sync or by manually uploading user credentials. With this release, we are now able to provision new Hubb user accounts “on demand” –accounts are created on the fly with information the attendee submitted via a third-party registration form using the OpenID protocol. Talk to your Account Manager if you'd like more information.
Jan 4, 2022
62539/64094/64095: With this release, meetings can now be assigned to multiple days and multiple parts of a room rather than having to specify one part or the whole room.
Dec 12, 2021
63247: We’ve added a new question mark icon as a reaction option in Attendee Messages.
Dec 2, 2021
61380/61381/61382/61383/61384/61386/61389/61390/61391/61680/62978/62988/63000/62374/62840: The new custom color picker feature is here! Event Editor users will love the fact that they can customize their color palette using any colors that they want! After opening the Theme Color option, there is a new Create Custom Color Palette option following the different color palette choices. From there, they can pick any colors their heart desire, which will be used throughout Schedule Builder in both Event Editor pages and all other pages.
They can specify the following:
- Background color for the Schedule Builder navigation
- Background color for all event pages
- Accent Color used throughout the event
- Text color, used throughout the event
Event Editor does an automatic check for contrast level, and assigns a Pass or Fail grade. If a user tries to save a failing contrast, they get a warning asking if they are sure. If they say yes, they can save the new color palette and it is applied immediately to any published pages.
Once these new color settings are saved, the attendee view reflects the new colors, both on Lobby pages and all other pages.
54819/61392/61393/61394/61395/61396/61397/61398/61759/62124/62524/62555: Sure, custom colors can set a mood, but custom typography can really bring it to the next level! With this release, Event Editor users can now specify a custom font to be used throughout the attendee experience of their event. They can either upload a font or use an existing Google font.
Nov 5, 2021
62986: When viewing the Speaker Directory page, users now have a choice of list view or card view. They can toggle between them using a new toggle option at the top of the page.
62926: As you know, we recently gave attendees the ability to select Favorites in the Community, and now they can also mark their favorite presenters! Users can now select Favorites from the Speaker Directory page or when viewing an individual speaker’s page. They can also filter the speaker list to see speakers that they marked as Favorite.
Oct 21, 2021
54831/56438: When viewing the Community page, users now have a choice of list view or card view. They can toggle between them using a new toggle option at the top of the page.
54591/61511: Users can now select Community members as Favorites from both the Community page or when viewing an individual’s profile page.
54592: Users can filter the Community list to see the users that they marked as Favorite. To do so:
- Click the Filter button.
- Select “Favorite” and set the slider position to on.
Sept 24, 2021
59571: The schedule list now supports an (optional) image to the left of the session name. This is a great way for sponsors to get their name and logo in front of attendees as they browse an event’s sessions. To add this image, navigate to Admin > Sessions > Edit Session Details for the session and upload an image.
54794: Session time slots can now specify different start and end dates in addition to the times! This allows event planners to finally have time slots that span multiple days.
Sept. 7, 2021
53569/56355/56439/56440/58334: Attendee-to-Attendee messaging is now feature complete! As you know, we’ve been rolling out various parts of this feature in recent releases, but with this release, we’re calling it ready for prime time (and of course we will also continue to enhance and improve the feature in future releases). In this release, we added:
- A New Message button that lets attendees search for a user and send a new message.
- The ability to see which users are currently logged into the event with a green status icon. This is a great way for attendees to connect immediately with other people they know are online!
58993: The Session Details page just got a face lift! This is a big win improving the attendee experience of an event because all the session pages they visit are spruced up and easy to navigate. We’re also setting the stage for some exciting features in upcoming releases (like allowing attendees to control how the page is displayed).
54462/54465: The Hubb mobile app is now easier for users to install. The first time a user navigates to the event from a mobile device, Hubb automatically detects that they are on a device and offers a page suggesting that they install the event app. The user can also choose not to install the app and instead go to the event using the browser. After the app is offered initially, they won’t be asked again if they want to install the app, but they can choose at any time to install the app manually.
Aug 16, 2021
57459: There’s a new standard report in the Admin section. The “Times users Logged In” report lists all users and shows the total number of minutes they were logged into the event site.
54663: To make navigating easier for everyone, we now ensure that for any pages with a page title (such as Sessions), the page title will match whatever the admin named the left navigation item for that page.
56389: For real time video streams (RTMP) that are recorded, we now trim off any portion of the recording that is before the scheduled start time. In other words, if the stream was turned on 10 minutes before the session time, users viewing the video on demand after the session won’t have to sit through 10 minutes of dead air before the session starts.
54985/54986/54987/54988/54989/54990: Several exciting new chat features that event admins, sponsors, and attendees will be happy about!
- Previously, only chat admins had a dedicated chat account, with all other users appearing in the chat anonymously. With this release, every Hubb user now has an associated chat account tie to their name and profile image.
- Chat on session and sponsor pages now supports sharing files, audio, and video clips. Let the meme-ing begin!
- In Sponsor chats, when users open a private 1:1 chat, we now support video and audio chat. Note that this is in Sponsor chat only and requires that "Enable Peer to Peer (P2P) Private Chat” be selected in the event’s properties.
- With this release, sponsor staff users automatically have admin privileges for the chat on their own sponsor page.
- With this release, session owners and speakers automatically have admin privileges for the chat on their own session page.
Aug. 2, 2021
53067/55251/53067/55181/55251/58177: For all users, this release rolls out a new look and feel for the User Profile navigation! As we add new features, like attendee-to-attendee messaging, it made sense to update the way users interact with their profile in Hubb. This means there are two big changes to what all users see when they log into Schedule Builder:
- The profile picture and settings are now on the left side of the page at the top of the navigation menu. (Previously they were in the upper right of the page)
- Next to the profile picture are three icons: one linking to Event Notifications, one linking to Messages, and one linking to Profile Settings.
When a user has any new notifications or messages, they’ll see the number of new items in a red circle overlaid on the messages or notification icon. If they choose to collapse the navigation menu, they'll just see the profile photo with a single red circle with a number for new items (that number will be the total of both new notifications and new messages).
54979: In the previous release, we added the feature when viewing the Sessions page, live sessions are listed at the top of the page and clearly marked as “Live.” With this release, we've extended this functionality to the My Schedule page.
53334/53335/53336/53337/53338/53339/53340/53341/53343/56380: The Event Editor team continues adding features to the Page Builder. This release brings users two new pages that they can customize when creating an event in Event Editor: a Login page (including “Forgot password” functionality) and a Logout page. Both of these new pages are available in all the existing themes. Remember, if you want to learn more about Event Editor, talk to your Account Manager if you'd like to learn more about it!
56456/55092/52412: Several new reports were rolled out between the last release and this one:
- Site Builder Image Sizes - Lists all the images in each Event Editor (Site Builder) theme along with the suggested size for each. This can be a handy resource to share with your image designer.
- User Device Details - Returns operating systems, browsers, countries and cities of your users.
- There are also three new reports that are only accessible to Staffing Leads. These are similar to the existing Staffing reports, but are filtered to only show the workgroups assigned to the Staffing Lead.
53314: RTMP Livestream videos can now be viewed as on-demand videos after a session has ended (once the recording has finished processing). Note that this requires the admin has enabled VOD (video on demand) in a session’s Video settings.
54431/57487: Event admins will be happy that they can now track whether a livestream or a video on demand was watched in a session using RTMP. With this release. livestream RTMP videos are now captured in the Session Video Watch report.
July 16, 2021
- The first version of our Page Builder / Event Editor feature that lets event admins create and edit their event is now feature-complete. Using Event Editor, admins can choose a theme for their event (including selecting a color palette and typography), edit the text, buttons, images, and other components of their Lobby pages, and edit the navigation menu used by attendees in Schedule Builder. Talk to your Account Manager if you'd like to learn more about it!
- Attendees in Schedule Builder can now see which sessions are currently live. When viewing the Sessions page, live sessions are listed at the top of the page and clearly marked as “Live.” This is something many customers have wanted, and we’re thrilled to add this feature to make it even easier for attendees to navigate their event and see what’s happening in real time.
- With this release, we’re happy to report that all of our Hubb attendee-facing pages (Schedule Builder) have been tested for accessibility using the WCAG standards version 2.1 and have an AA Rating.
- The Notifications feature now allows admins to preview their notifications before saving them (which is especially useful to see what a notification will look like before choosing Send Now). Admins can click the Preview button at the top of the Create Notification slideout and a “toast” will show the admin exactly how the notification will appear to attendees as a pop up.
- When an admin edits the company information in Sponsor & Exhibitor > Companies and puts staff members in order (by either adding them in that order, or using drag-and-drop to reorder them), that order is now used in the attendee view of the Sponsor Details page in Schedule Builder.
July 8, 2021
This release has no customer-facing changes.
Jun 17, 2021
54210: Attendees will now see a message on the Schedule Builder > Event Notifications page when an event admin hasn’t sent out any notifications yet.
54107: When viewing a company’s information in Sponsor/Expo > Companies, there’s a new tab so sponsors and admins can preview what the Sponsor Booth looks like to attendees before the event is published. This is a great new feature for sponsors that allows them to see what their page will look like to attendees while they are setting it up.
54113/54114: This is one of those little items that make a big difference to the user-friendliness and customization capability of Hubb. Admins can now control what text appears on the “Email Me More” button on Sponsor pages. To change the button text that appears on all Sponsor pages, log in as an Admin, navigate to Sponsor And Exhibitor > Setup > Setup Properties, and edit the “Request Information” button text field:
Note that this is a global change – the button text will be the same for all sponsor pages. Once this change is saved, attendees who navigate to any sponsor page will see the button formerly known as “Email Me More” with whatever new text that the admin configured.
Jun 7, 2021
51408: The Notifications system can now track whether a user has already been presented with a pop-up notification (toast). This means that users will only see a pop-up notification once, even if they log in multiple times during a notification’s scheduled window.
53610: In the previous release of Event Notifications, admins could only delete scheduled notifications that had not yet been sent. With this release, admins can now delete any notification, even ones that have already been sent. Deleting a sent notification removes it from the Schedule Builder Event Notifications page (this is especially handy to remove test notifications that an admin sent out before the event begins so attendees won’t see them). Deleted notifications still are listed on the Admin > Event > Event Notifications page and are shown with a status of “Deleted” and a time stamp.
May 20, 2021
53305: The Autoplay option is now available for Brightcove and Hubb videos, so that they begin playing automatically when an attendee opens the associated session page. To enable autoplay, when configuring a session, select Brightcove video and check the “Autoplay Video” on the Manage Videos tab.
This feature also includes the ability to provide “user playback sync” so that if an attendee enters the session 10 minutes late, the playback begins at the 10 minute mark so all attendees are seeing the same video content at the same time. This new option only appears when you specify the video to display “During Session Time Slot” and also check the box for “Autoplay.” If those conditions are both met, the “User playback sync” option appears.
|Key Concept: The new “User playback sync” option is available for Brightcove, YouTube, and Vimeo.|
May 7. 2021
Note: With this release, the new Notifications feature is ready for all customers! If you're interested in learning more about it, talk to your Account Manager.
51414: In the previous release, admins were only able to send a notification “now” (in real time) With this release, admins can now schedule a window of time when a notification will be displayed to logged-in users. If they select “Send Now” they do not need to specify a start time, and the expiration time defaults to 5 minutes later (although they can edit it if they want it to be shown to users for a longer window of time).
51409: Admins can specify a URL to be linked within a notification. The user clicks “Go” to be taken to the specified link.
The admin can decide whether the “Go” link should open in the same tab or a new tab.
Apr 22, 2021
Note: This initial release of Notifications was not automatically available to all users.
Notifications: Release 5.82 marks the first release of the Notifications feature. With this release, admins can configure and send out a notification in real time, and it is instantly displayed to any user logged into Schedule Builder as a small notification box in the upper right (sometimes referred to as a “toast”).
When an attendee logs into the event, any notifications that are sent out during their session will be displayed as toasts. Users can look at all notifications ever sent out during the event (event when they were not logged in) by navigating to Schedule Builder > Event Notifications in the left nav.
Apr 8, 2021
49340: When admins create or edit a Gamification badge, they now have a lot more badge icon options to choose from. They first pick the type of badge icon and then select its color, which offers more flexibility in choosing an icon.
50419: As you may recall, a few months back, Hubb had a brand/logo refresh. With this release, the product UI has caught up with the marketing refresh and the Hubb logo in the product has been updated.