This help article lists some of the most recent new features in Hubb that we're excited to share! Each time we release our software, this article will be updated with the information about new features in the most recent release. Note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything contained in our software releases. Please reach out to your Hubb Account Manager if you want to learn more.
Release 5.92 (THIS RELEASE IS STILL PENDING. THIS DISCLAIMER WILL BE REMOVED ONCE IT IS LIVE)
Sept 24, 202159571: The schedule list now supports an (optional) image to the left of the session name. This is a great way for sponsors to get their name and logo in front of attendees as they browse an event’s sessions. To add this image, navigate to Admin > Sessions > Edit Session Details for the session and upload an image.
54794: Session time slots can now specify different start and end dates in addition to the times! This allows event planners to finally have time slots that span multiple days.
Sept. 7, 2021
53569/56355/56439/56440/58334: Attendee-to-Attendee messaging is now feature complete! As you know, we’ve been rolling out various parts of this feature in recent releases, but with this release, we’re calling it ready for prime time (and of course we will also continue to enhance and improve the feature in future releases). In this release, we added:
- A New Message button that lets attendees search for a user and send a new message.
- The ability to see which users are currently logged into the event with a green status icon. This is a great way for attendees to connect immediately with other people they know are online!
58993: The Session Details page just got a face lift! This is a big win improving the attendee experience of an event because all the session pages they visit are spruced up and easy to navigate. We’re also setting the stage for some exciting features in upcoming releases (like allowing attendees to control how the page is displayed).
54462/54465: The Hubb mobile app is now easier for users to install. The first time a user navigates to the event from a mobile device, Hubb automatically detects that they are on a device and offers a page suggesting that they install the event app. The user can also choose not to install the app and instead go to the event using the browser. After the app is offered initially, they won’t be asked again if they want to install the app, but they can choose at any time to install the app manually.
Aug 16, 2021
57459: There’s a new standard report in the Admin section. The “Times users Logged In” report lists all users and shows the total number of minutes they were logged into the event site.
54663: To make navigating easier for everyone, we now ensure that for any pages with a page title (such as Sessions), the page title will match whatever the admin named the left navigation item for that page.
56389: For real time video streams (RTMP) that are recorded, we now trim off any portion of the recording that is before the scheduled start time. In other words, if the stream was turned on 10 minutes before the session time, users viewing the video on demand after the session won’t have to sit through 10 minutes of dead air before the session starts.
54985/54986/54987/54988/54989/54990: Several exciting new chat features that event admins, sponsors, and attendees will be happy about!
- Previously, only chat admins had a dedicated chat account, with all other users appearing in the chat anonymously. With this release, every Hubb user now has an associated chat account tie to their name and profile image.
- Chat on session and sponsor pages now supports sharing files, audio, and video clips. Let the meme-ing begin!
- In Sponsor chats, when users open a private 1:1 chat, we now support video and audio chat. Note that this is in Sponsor chat only and requires that "Enable Peer to Peer (P2P) Private Chat” be selected in the event’s properties.
- With this release, sponsor staff users automatically have admin privileges for the chat on their own sponsor page.
- With this release, session owners and speakers automatically have admin privileges for the chat on their own session page.
Aug. 2, 2021
53067/55251/53067/55181/55251/58177: For all users, this release rolls out a new look and feel for the User Profile navigation! As we add new features, like attendee-to-attendee messaging, it made sense to update the way users interact with their profile in Hubb. This means there are two big changes to what all users see when they log into Schedule Builder:
- The profile picture and settings are now on the left side of the page at the top of the navigation menu. (Previously they were in the upper right of the page)
- Next to the profile picture are three icons: one linking to Event Notifications, one linking to Messages, and one linking to Profile Settings.
When a user has any new notifications or messages, they’ll see the number of new items in a red circle overlaid on the messages or notification icon. If they choose to collapse the navigation menu, they'll just see the profile photo with a single red circle with a number for new items (that number will be the total of both new notifications and new messages).
54979: In the previous release, we added the feature when viewing the Sessions page, live sessions are listed at the top of the page and clearly marked as “Live.” With this release, we've extended this functionality to the My Schedule page.
53334/53335/53336/53337/53338/53339/53340/53341/53343/56380: The Event Editor team continues adding features to the Page Builder. This release brings users two new pages that they can customize when creating an event in Event Editor: a Login page (including “Forgot password” functionality) and a Logout page. Both of these new pages are available in all the existing themes. Remember, if you want to learn more about Event Editor, talk to your Account Manager if you'd like to learn more about it!
56456/55092/52412: Several new reports were rolled out between the last release and this one:
- Site Builder Image Sizes - Lists all the images in each Event Editor (Site Builder) theme along with the suggested size for each. This can be a handy resource to share with your image designer.
- User Device Details - Returns operating systems, browsers, countries and cities of your users.
- There are also three new reports that are only accessible to Staffing Leads. These are similar to the existing Staffing reports, but are filtered to only show the workgroups assigned to the Staffing Lead.
53314: RTMP Livestream videos can now be viewed as on-demand videos after a session has ended (once the recording has finished processing). Note that this requires the admin has enabled VOD (video on demand) in a session’s Video settings.
54431/57487: Event admins will be happy that they can now track whether a livestream or a video on demand was watched in a session using RTMP. With this release. livestream RTMP videos are now captured in the Session Video Watch report.
July 16, 2021
- The first version of our Page Builder / Event Editor feature that lets event admins create and edit their event is now feature-complete. Using Event Editor, admins can choose a theme for their event (including selecting a color palette and typography), edit the text, buttons, images, and other components of their Lobby pages, and edit the navigation menu used by attendees in Schedule Builder. Talk to your Account Manager if you'd like to learn more about it!
- Attendees in Schedule Builder can now see which sessions are currently live. When viewing the Sessions page, live sessions are listed at the top of the page and clearly marked as “Live.” This is something many customers have wanted, and we’re thrilled to add this feature to make it even easier for attendees to navigate their event and see what’s happening in real time.
- With this release, we’re happy to report that all of our Hubb attendee-facing pages (Schedule Builder) have been tested for accessibility using the WCAG standards version 2.1 and have an AA Rating.
- The Notifications feature now allows admins to preview their notifications before saving them (which is especially useful to see what a notification will look like before choosing Send Now). Admins can click the Preview button at the top of the Create Notification slideout and a “toast” will show the admin exactly how the notification will appear to attendees as a pop up.
- When an admin edits the company information in Sponsor & Exhibitor > Companies and puts staff members in order (by either adding them in that order, or using drag-and-drop to reorder them), that order is now used in the attendee view of the Sponsor Details page in Schedule Builder.
July 8, 2021
This release has no customer-facing changes.
Jun 17, 2021
54210: Attendees will now see a message on the Schedule Builder > Event Notifications page when an event admin hasn’t sent out any notifications yet.
54107: When viewing a company’s information in Sponsor/Expo > Companies, there’s a new tab so sponsors and admins can preview what the Sponsor Booth looks like to attendees before the event is published. This is a great new feature for sponsors that allows them to see what their page will look like to attendees while they are setting it up.
54113/54114: This is one of those little items that make a big difference to the user-friendliness and customization capability of Hubb. Admins can now control what text appears on the “Email Me More” button on Sponsor pages. To change the button text that appears on all Sponsor pages, log in as an Admin, navigate to Sponsor And Exhibitor > Setup > Setup Properties, and edit the “Request Information” button text field:
Note that this is a global change – the button text will be the same for all sponsor pages. Once this change is saved, attendees who navigate to any sponsor page will see the button formerly known as “Email Me More” with whatever new text that the admin configured.
Jun 7, 2021
51408: The Notifications system can now track whether a user has already been presented with a pop-up notification (toast). This means that users will only see a pop-up notification once, even if they log in multiple times during a notification’s scheduled window.
53610: In the previous release of Event Notifications, admins could only delete scheduled notifications that had not yet been sent. With this release, admins can now delete any notification, even ones that have already been sent. Deleting a sent notification removes it from the Schedule Builder Event Notifications page (this is especially handy to remove test notifications that an admin sent out before the event begins so attendees won’t see them). Deleted notifications still are listed on the Admin > Event > Event Notifications page and are shown with a status of “Deleted” and a time stamp.
May 20, 2021
53305: The Autoplay option is now available for Brightcove and Hubb videos, so that they begin playing automatically when an attendee opens the associated session page. To enable autoplay, when configuring a session, select Brightcove video and check the “Autoplay Video” on the Manage Videos tab.
This feature also includes the ability to provide “user playback sync” so that if an attendee enters the session 10 minutes late, the playback begins at the 10 minute mark so all attendees are seeing the same video content at the same time. This new option only appears when you specify the video to display “During Session Time Slot” and also check the box for “Autoplay.” If those conditions are both met, the “User playback sync” option appears.
|Key Concept: The new “User playback sync” option is available for Brightcove, YouTube, and Vimeo.|
May 7. 2021
Note: With this release, the new Notifications feature is ready for all customers! If you're interested in learning more about it, talk to your Account Manager.
51414: In the previous release, admins were only able to send a notification “now” (in real time) With this release, admins can now schedule a window of time when a notification will be displayed to logged-in users. If they select “Send Now” they do not need to specify a start time, and the expiration time defaults to 5 minutes later (although they can edit it if they want it to be shown to users for a longer window of time).
51409: Admins can specify a URL to be linked within a notification. The user clicks “Go” to be taken to the specified link.
The admin can decide whether the “Go” link should open in the same tab or a new tab.
Apr 22, 2021
Note: This initial release of Notifications was not automatically available to all users.
Notifications: Release 5.82 marks the first release of the Notifications feature. With this release, admins can configure and send out a notification in real time, and it is instantly displayed to any user logged into Schedule Builder as a small notification box in the upper right (sometimes referred to as a “toast”).
When an attendee logs into the event, any notifications that are sent out during their session will be displayed as toasts. Users can look at all notifications ever sent out during the event (event when they were not logged in) by navigating to Schedule Builder > Event Notifications in the left nav.
Apr 8, 2021
49340: When admins create or edit a Gamification badge, they now have a lot more badge icon options to choose from. They first pick the type of badge icon and then select its color, which offers more flexibility in choosing an icon.
50419: As you may recall, a few months back, Hubb had a brand/logo refresh. With this release, the product UI has caught up with the marketing refresh and the Hubb logo in the product has been updated.
Mar 5, 2021
42132, 49483: It's about time! (#cheesyjoke) Attendees can now specify their local time zone in Hubb. Once they do, all times in their Schedule Builder will be displayed in their preferred time zone.
The first time users log into Schedule Builder, they’re asked to set their time zone.
- If they specify a time zone and click Save, all times in Schedule Builder (Sessions, My Schedule, Meetings, and so on) will be shown in the selected time zone.
- If they click Cancel, all times in Schedule Builder remain in the event time zone.
Users can change their time zone at any time by clicking the time zone link at the top of the Sessions and My Schedule pages.
When users set or change their time zone, the event time zone is always shown above the selector, so users can easily change back to the event time zone any time they choose.
Note: Specifying your time zone only changes the way time zones are displayed in Schedule Builder. Even if a user has other roles in Hubb, their selected time zone won’t affect how times are displayed in Admin or elsewhere.
41760: We have a new standard report, the Meeting Merge Fields Report. This is similar to the existing Email Merge Fields report (which displays which fields are available to be merged into your custom emails). The new report displays which fields are available to be merged into your meeting emails.
49708: Gamification keeps getting better! In our ongoing effort to give the event admin the ability to configure the attendees’ gamification experience, admins can now configure the text that appears on the top of the Leaderboard in Schedule Builder.
Admins can edit this text by navigating to Admin > Event > Message Management > Leaderboard Introduction Message and clicking Edit.
Feb 11, 2021
48623: With this release, sponsor descriptions now support text formatting and hyperlinks. Sponsors can use these new capabilities in their description text, the better to personalize their booth space!
Before using rich text in sponsor descriptions, remember it must be enabled in the Admin > Event > Setup Properties > Event Options.
48887: In Admin > Event > Setup Properties > 3rd Party Integration, we have removed the selector where admins can specify a third-party analytics system (such as Pendo or Google) as we no longer support this type of third-party integration. This is because our native Hubb analytics capability is much stronger than before so we no longer need to support outside capability.
49236: When admins are setting up their Gamification, the limit of 30 badges was including disabled badges. We've changed how we count the badges so they can now have a true total of up to 30 badges.
Jan 28, 2021
48089: The rich text of session descriptions is now even richer! With this release, the text editor supports hyperlinks in a description. To insert a link, use the new “link” button. If users enter a link without the correct prefix (such as https://), they are prompted to correctly format the link.
48184: Admins can now select a new Brightcove video option when creating or editing a session. On Admin > Sessions > All Sessions on the Manage Video tab, select Brightcove from the Video Provider drop-down list. When selected, these three required fields are displayed, and must be filled out before saving the session:
- Account ID
- Player ID
- Video ID
49039: With this release, we’ve added an API additional endpoint that retrieves server time. This additional data helps us to better coordinate showing videos to multiple users simultaneously.
Jan 15, 2021:
46871/46909/48105/46872/47637/46870: Gamification! Admins can create and edit game badges which are earned by completing specified actions, such as visiting a lobby or a specific sponsor or session page. Admins can edit the titles, descriptions, and so on, of the standard badges. NOTE: The only thing admins can not do is edit the action of a standard badge, which is hard-coded. For example, the “Visit the Community” badge will always correspond to an action of visiting the community page. An admin can decide everything else about it (such as what to name it, how many points it is worth, whether it is enabled, and so on).
For standard badges, admins can:
- Specify the order in which badges are listed for players.
- Create or edit the badge title, icon, category, and description.
- Specify how many points players get for completing the action, and how many times they can repeat the same action for more points.
- Schedule when the badge is available for players to earn points. Note that by default the badge will be available for the entire time of the event. If the event dates are changed after Gamification is enabled, be aware that by design these badge availability defaults will still show the original event dates.
Enable or disable the badge.
Admins can also add a new badge by clicking the Add New Badge button. For new badges, admins can configure everything listed above, plus specify the category and action.