Live Session Management
Within your event contract, you can have Live Session Management added to your event. This means that you will have Hubb support for sessions to be set up in Zoom. This service includes the following service:
- Setup of your sessions within Zoom and provision of each stream link to be added into the session page within your Hubb event site.
- For webinars only, invitations will be sent to your speakers through Zoom, providing them with their individual links to join the session.
- A Know Before You Go for speakers PowerPoint document
- Speaker Ready Room available 15 minutes prior to the scheduled session time to ensure speaker connectivity and tech-check (for webinar setup only - not provided for meeting setup)
- Recording of the session, if requested
- Post the recorded session to be on-demand within 8 hours post-session, if recording is requested
Please note that the standard Zoom license will allow up to 500 attendees within the meeting or webinar. If you would like more than 500 attendees, please contact your Account Manager to add this to your contract. (Cost will apply)
For the sessions that you have Live Session Management included within your scope, you will be responsible for sending your Account Manager the required session information no later than 4 weeks prior to the first day of session support.
A few things to note for Live Session Management:
- Client is responsible for all content of the session
- If client’s virtual licenses are used, the client is responsible for setup, configuration and management including oversight of tech-check and recording of the session. For more information on how to schedule sessions within Zoom yourself, please visit this helpful article.
- Maximum concurrent sessions supported is 5. Concurrent sessions are considered any sessions that take place within 30 minutes of each other.
- When it comes to Hubb live session management, most support for webinars and meetings are the same. However, with webinar sessions, there are two main differences - your speakers will be sent invitations for their sessions from Zoom and have a speaker ready room available 15 minutes prior to the scheduled session time to ensure speaker connectivity and tech-check. These two features are not offered by Hubb within sessions that are setup as meetings.
Day of Support
The day that your sessions are taking place, you can expect the following support from Hubb for the sessions that you have contracted within your scope:
- Hubb Agent will join your session 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time for webinars. This will allow your speakers time to check their audio and that they are able to share their screens properly within the session.
- Hubb Agent will begin the sessions for your attendees to join at the scheduled start time.
- If you have opted to record your sessions, the Hubb Agent will ensure that the session is recording.
- Once the end time of the session occurs, the Hubb Agent will end the session for attendees and speakers.
- Hubb Agent will pull the recording and post it within the session page in your Hubb event site within 6 hours for your attendees to access on-demand.
- NOTE: Hubb does not support video editing for recorded session videos.
Zoom Session Best Practices
With scheduling sessions that you would like Live Session Management for, there are a few best practices that we recommend:
- Please have at least 30 minutes between the end of one timeslot and beginning of the next.
- NOTE: the maximum concurrent sessions supported is 5. Concurrent sessions are considered any sessions that take place within 30 minutes of each other.
- When providing the session information to your Account Manager 4 weeks prior to the first day of session support, please try to have as much information confirmed as possible. Any of the following information that changes after this time must be confirmed and submitted no later than 2 weeks prior to the first day of session support.
- Prior to the day of your session, please ensure that your speakers have already received their invitation emails from Zoom and have their links readily available. It is also recommended to have them ensure that they are able to access Zoom on their device as some companies may block the use of Zoom within their network.
Zoom: Webinar vs. Meeting
Webinars and Meetings are different options in Zoom that have different sets of features.
Webinars are best for presentations and large groups like a keynote presentation. The standard license allows for up to 500 attendees, but can be upgraded for a fee. This option will allow your speakers to join a green room 15 minutes prior to the scheduled session time.
Meetings are best for collaborative discussions where attendees and presenters should be seen or heard. An example of a meeting style session would be an Area Sales Breakout where all members might contribute. This option will allow for up to 500 attendees and cannot be upgraded.
*For more information on Webinar vs Meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005474943-Meeting-and-webinar-comparison
Zoom Standard Settings
The standard settings that Hubb will have for your sessions are as follows:
Allows participants to chat with everyone via lobby group chat
Enables private messaging between participants
Allows hosts/participants to send files through chat
|Feedback to Zoom||
Adds feedback tab to settings/preferences and allows users to provide feedback to zoom at the end of meeting
Available in webinar only.
Adds polls to the meeting controls, allowing for surveys/voting
Allows hosts and participants to share their screen or content. This can be Host only, or all participants, but the default setting is All Participants
Allows hosts and participants to add annotations to shared screens
Allows host and participants to share whiteboards, and allows saving of whiteboard content
During screen sharing, the person who is sharing can allow others to control the shared content
|Meeting Reactions||Available in meetings only.
Allows participants to react with emojis that shows on their video
|Report Participants to Zoom||
Hosts can report participants to Zoom for inappropriate behavior
Available in webinars only.
This can be set to either allow attendees to see all questions or only questions that have been answered.
Available in meetings only.
Allows hosts to type closed captions or assign a participant/device to add closed captions
Allows participants to save fully closed captions or transcripts
Allows users to have virtual backgrounds
Allows users to apply filters to their videos
|Show a "Join from your browser" link||
Allows participants to join directly from their browser instead of through the app
|Allow live streaming||Allows live streaming through sites like Facebook or YouTube|
|Allow Skype for Business (Lync) client to join a Zoom Meeting||Enables the Skype for Business (Lync) integration|
|Allow participants to rename themselves||
Allows participants to rename themselves in the participants menu
*Polls - Must let Hubb know if you would like to set this up and provide all polling information no later than two weeks prior to the first day of session support to be setup beforehand. IMPORTANT NOTE: Client must have someone within the session the day of to run breakout rooms. This is not something that Hubb supports the day of.
**Q&A - Must let Hubb know if you would like to set this up no later than two weeks prior to the first day of session support to be setup beforehand.
***Breakout Rooms - Must let Hubb know if you would like this set up no later than two weeks prior to the first day of session support to be setup beforehand. IMPORTANT NOTE: Client must have someone within the session the day of to run breakout rooms. This is not something that Hubb supports the day of.
For more information regarding adding Live Session Management to your contract or if you should have any additional questions regarding your specific event, please feel free to contact your Account Manager.
Still stuck? Shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org